Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector FAQLocal Certified, Confidential, Accurate and Licensed Lie Detection Tests in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia
Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Just as there is no one Polygraph, Lie Detection, or Lie Detector test for every situation, there is no one perfect answer to any Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector question. We encourage you at any time to give us a call and ask us questions specific to your situation. (800) 497-9305.
What you can expect on your initial phone consultation with us:
1. I’ll answer any burning questions you have.
2. Tell me your story and together we decide what it is you really want accomplished with a polygraph test.
3. I’ll explain how a polygraph test works, it’s benefits and limitations.
4. Together we decide if a polygraph test is really going to help.
Business Owners – Custom FAQ List Regarding EPPA testing.
General Polygraph & Lie Detection FAQ
These are the questions we hear the most, listed in the approximate order of just how often we hear them.
- Q: How can lie detection help me in my relationship?
- Q: Why use Andrew Goldstein as your licensed and certified polygraph or lie detection examiner?
- Q: Why won’t you work in my home?
- Q: Why would a guilty person be willing to take a polygraph or lie detection test?
- Q: Do you do “voice stress tests”?
- Q: Why do your polygraph or lie detection examination take so long?
- Q: Why don’t you use the quicker, out-dated examination some examiners use from 30 years ago?
- Q: What about someone who trys to beat your polygraph or lie detection test?
- Q: My wife/husband/partner/mate is a very smart, likable and an extremely persuasive person. Is there a way that she can beat the polygraph or lie detection test or convince you that she is telling the truth when in fact she’s not? Basically, how do I know she won’t fool you or the polygraph or lie detection machine?
- Q: How much will the polygraph or lie detection test cost and how many questions can I ask?
- Q: Why do some polygraph or lie detection examiners cost less?
- Q: If I’m nervous, could that make it look like I’m lying when I’m not?
- Q: How do I know they won’t fool you or the polygraph or lie detection machine?
- Q: Why does the polygraph or lie detection test take 1 1/2 – 3 hours?
- Q: Can I be there to watch and listen while you give the polygraph or lie detection test?
- Q: How accurate is the polygraph or lie detection test?
- Q: When will I get the results of the polygraph?
- Q: Is there anything during the polygraph or lie detection test that will be physically uncomfortable or painful?
- Q: Should I stop taking my prescription medications prior to the polygraph or lie detection test?
- Q: What is the minimum age required for polygraph or lie detection testing?
- Q: Will you travel to me or do I have to come to your office?
- Q: What are the responsibilities of the polygraph or lie detection Examinee?
- Q: Do you give polygraph or lie detection exams to minors (under 18 years of age)?
- Q: Will I understand the process?
- Q: Can polygraph detect feelings?
- Q: What is the difference in a murder case and a relationship lie detection, polygraph test?
- Q: Will I understand how a polygraph works?
- Q: Are all your polygraphs confidential?
- Q: Are you a licensed and certified polygraph examiner?
- Q: How much is the cost of a polygraph lie detector test?
- Q: If my spouse or partner knows they’re lying, why would they agree to take a polygraph exam or lie detector test?
- Q: Will knowing the truth be better for my relationship even if I find out my spouse or significant other has been deceitful?
- Q: Why should I be truthful when I take a lie detector test or polygraph exam?
- Q: What if my partner/ spouse thinks they can beat a polygraph or lie detection test?
- Q: If my spouse or partner is employed by law enforcement or in the military, won’t they know tricks to beat a polygraph exam?
- Q: What if the person who is taking the polygraph has gone online to find ways to beat a lie detector test?
- Q: How could I know that my partner is telling the truth if they are a sex addict?
- Q: How can you tell if someone is being truthful?
- Q: How do I know that my spouse or partner has stopped cheating?
- Q: How can I prove that I’m telling the truth when I’ve been accused of committing a crime?
- Q: What if I fail my polygraph exam because I am too nervous?
- Q: Can I take certain medications to help me beat my lie detector test?
- Q: How does my relationship move forward after my polygraph exam?
- Q: What if the state or a government agency asks me to take a polygraph test?
- Q: What if I’ve told the truth, but keep being accused by my partner/ spouse of continued cheating?
- Q: If I’ve been molested or sexually assaulted, can a polygraph test prove that?
- Q: What if I’ve been wrongly accused of molestation?
- Q: Can your lie detector polygraph test be beaten?
- Q: I am in a same sex relationship and believe partner is cheating?
- Q: Can I write a list of polygraph lie detector polygraph questions to be answered?
- Q: Should I take a police polygraph examination?
- Q: I have a mental condition such as anxiety, Bi-polar, depression, PTSD, ADD, or ADHD could this make me fail a polygraph lie detection test.
- Q: What can’t a lie detection polygraph examination test for?
- Q: What is polygraph based on?
- Q: I smoke marijuana or use other medications, will that make me fail or pass a polygraph?
- Q: What kind of issues do have you utilized polygraph for?
There are examiners out there that sell on cheap price and amount of questions and will come to your home, not on a high reliability and validity properly conducted Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examination, be careful you get what you pay for.It’s like finding a cheap surgeon or attorney: “you don’t want them.”
Andrew Goldstein is the ONLY Polygraph Examiner that travels with a real polygraph & lie detection chair to ensure accuracy.
There are examiners that use techniques that were used 100 years ago and these techniques are outdated and have low reliability and validity and are under scrutiny of the American Polygraph Association. Those old techniques are quicker and easier for the examiner but are less accurate for you the customer and your family.I am a true professional that uses high reliability and validity testing procedures confidentially. I treat all Polygraph exams with the same importance whither it be rape, robbery, murder, sex offender testing, or infidelity.
I believe in treating every examination as if it was for my family. I run a specific issue Polygraph Examination “Lie Detector Test” that has a high reliability and validity.
I do not base my Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector services on the amount of questions as other examiners would do. I would be glad to discuss with you to see how I may help solve your issue and explain if Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector cannot help due to limitations in a properly conducted examination. Again, I understand how important reliability and validity are to all of my clients and would treat you and your family with respect and confidentiality I would want to have for my own. As you will learn about me, I am licensed and certified through
- The North Carolina Private Protective Services board
- South Carolina Law Enforcement division
- Current board Member of North Carolina Polygraph Association
- South Carolina Polygraph Association
- American Polygraph Association
I believe in following all rules and regulation to conduct a high reliability and validity Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examination confidentially.
For ethical and accuracy reasons, I WILL NOT work in anyone’s home, but have office suites close to your location.
For ethical and accuracy reasons, I WILL NOT work in anyone’s home, but have office suites close to your location. Due to the amount of emotional factors in the home (such as emotional photos, children, animals, etc.) and distractions (the phone rings, animal distractions, people can come over, and events in your home) Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examinations are less accurate in the home than in a neutral location.
I have NEVER done a Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector Examination for a police department in anyone’s home. Your test deserves the same accuracy, time and attention I devote to every single Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test I do. All I care about is accuracy, not how fast I can do your polygraph & lie detection examination. That is why I use a sterile environment for all of my Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector exams which include a real polygraph chair.
Because if they tell you they won’t, you have your answer and they are hoping you will say they don’t have to take the Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examination.
No. If voice stress had the provable reliability and validity that Polygraph does for lie detection, I would be using it. Please understand Voice Stress is actually illegal in many states for many reasons.
I handle every case as if my family member was taking the polygraph & lie detection examination, I explain everything to ensure accuaracy so the innocent person will prove there innocence and to help a guilty person be honest. My time and knowledge is worth the accuracy for your Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examination.
Knowledge has changed, some people don’t like change because what they have done for years is easier for them but the accuracy is not the same as the techniques I would use . I utilize the most updated Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector formats and technology for accuracy reasons. It does take longer but your Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examination has a life behind it and I treat your Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examination as if it was going to be used on my family member or myself.
- My polygraph & lie detection equipment and experience can detect countermeasures (which is any alteration of a test to change the outcome). Please remember I utilize up-to-date technology and use modern techniques, I do not utilize the old techniques from 30+ years ago which some examiners will use because its easier, faster, and much quicker. Those techniques have very low accuracy rates.
- Please know the military, Secret Service, FBI, CIA, and police all polygraph their polygraph examiners. So altering the outcome of an exam is not a good option.
- Again the Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examination is as good as the polygraph examiner. Choosing the best polygraph & lie detection examiner makes all the difference.
- I will use the same Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector techniques for you as I would for me or my family.
My wife/husband/partner/mate is a very smart, likable and an extremely persuasive person. Is there a way that they can beat the Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test or convince you that they are telling the truth when in fact they’re not? Basically, how do I know they won’t fool you or the machine?
Can I, as the examiner, be fooled by a smooth talker? Absolutely. You know I’d be lying if I said no. Everyone has been fooled at some time in their life. But that is not the important question. The important question is this: Do I, as the examiner, trust my feelings over my polygraph & lie detection charts? That answer is a resounding ‘NO’.
On many occasions, I’ve been convinced of someone’s guilt or innocence from conversations during the pre-test interview before the polygraph test is run. After I run the test and the Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector charts show my ‘feelings’ were wrong, I immediately change my perspective to match the charts. That is the only way I can be truly objective. I believe in my polygraph & lie detection testing procedure so I trust my polygraph & lie detection charts more than my feelings.
The second part of this question is whether someone can manipulate the polygraph charts so that they appear to be truthful when they are not. The answer is… they can certainly try. There is plenty of information available on the Internet claiming to teach one how to pass a test when they know they are lying. I read that information too. The truth of the matter is that unless an individual has long term practice and access to a polygraph & lie detection instrument with someone to run bio-feedback measurements, they are not going to successfully ‘beat’ the test. If I were given a Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test today and tried to ‘beat’ the test, I also would be unsuccessful even though I know exactly how the test and the techniques work.
With that said, I do employ the latest techniques and equipment to recognize and eliminate countermeasure attempts and I do so quite successfully.
The only way to beat my polygraph/ lie detection test is to be completely honest.
Of course, that was actually two questions, but I’ve come to realize many people don’t separate the two. This is in large part due to the influence of Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector testseen on television. Without going into a full explanation of why, the majority of polygraph & lie detection tests you see done on television shows are not real polygraph tests and there is no possibility of their results being accurate. So when you see a person answering 20 or more questions for a television show, you must realize that you can’t trust the results. Those tests are for entertainment and drama, not for verifying truth.
A real Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test is about a single issue, not about answers to individual questions. If the issue is whether or not your mate is cheating on you, the questions asked are ones that help you get a definitive answer to the issue of whether they cheated on you. That is why if a person shows a deceptive response to even one of the questions on the exam, they fail the entire test. Why? Because they are lying about the issue by lying to even that one question.
I could easily take your money and give you a Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test like you see on many television shows, where the test lasts about 30 minutes and you ask as many questions as you want. The problem is you could get the same results from writing the questions down, asking your mate each question and guessing whether or not they are telling the truth. What is the point of asking a multitude of questions if you can’t trust that the results are accurate?
I utilize Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector techniques and ask questions in ways that have been validated by years of research so that the results of the test can be trusted.
So to finally answer the questions, see our polygraph pricing page), usually takes 1 1/2 to 3 hours to complete and the number of questions is irrelevant. What is relevant is that you get a solid answer to the issue that you can trust. That is what I provide.
The answers may vary from examiner to examiner, but typically…
- They may be using old, out-dated techniques from 30 years ago.
- They get lower reliability and accuracy with older polygraph & lie detection technology and techniques.
- They spend less time searching for the truth and sacrifice accuracy for expediency.
There appears to be universal concern over nervousness affecting the Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test. Guilty people tend to play this theme up in hopes that when they fail, they will be able to cast doubt on the test by saying they were too nervous to focus, etc. Innocent people ask this question genuinely. Being nervous will NOT affect the test, in fact, nervousness is expected. The simplest explanation is this; However nervous you are, you are nervous continually throughout the test. When you are telling the truth or lying to an individual question, your internal bodily reaction is specific to that question and that moment in time. The two things look very different on the Polygraph, Lie Detection & Lie Detector charts.
Yes it does. But that is how long it takes to provide a quality Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test with results you can trust. I don’t cut corners and I don’t rush tests. The more thorough I am in understanding you and the entirety of the issue at hand, the fewer mistakes will be made and the more accurate the outcome. Most of the time is spent talking. I will ask questions to ensure you are physically suitable for a test. I will ask about your background and understanding of lying. I will explain all the parts of the polygraph instrument, what they do and how Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test works. I will listen to your side of the story and ask questions to clarify. I will answer any questions you have. I will take time to put the question list together. I will take additional time to go over each and every question with you BEFORE the actual test. I will give the actual test. I will review and manually score the charts. Finally, I will go over the results of the test with you before you leave. Basically, time flies once you are in the polygraph suite.
I’ll answer this question with a question. If it was you taking the polygraph, is there any chance what you said or did in a Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector test would be influenced by your accuser sitting in the room watching and listening to every thing you said and did? More than likely. Think about the awkward feelings you already have around one another in your everyday lives because of the situation.
The answer is “No” simply because it adds a possible source of outside influence on the test and the goal of any test is to eliminate as many sources of distraction as possible. Also, many people choose to finally ‘unload’ the truth during a polygraph test because people hiding the truth desire, on a deeper level, to have that burden lifted. Your being present may actually sabotage getting the ground level truth you desire.
Lie detection or polygraph are only as accurate as the examiner and the techniques they are using. If you are telling the truth, hire me. I do everything to ensure accuracy and integrity. I do not take any shortcuts, utilize the old outdated low accuracy techniques. I also utilize confidential neutral environments. I rotate these locations for safety and confidentiality. If someone is lying, I do everything I can to help them be honest.
I have devoted an entire page on this website to help explain Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector accuracy rates and why there seems to be so much variation depending on who you are listening to. For those satisfied with the short answer, the American Polygraph Association states that a properly conducted, specific issue examination, performed by a true professional, will yield an accuracy rate between 92% and 98%.
The examinee will get verbal results immediately after the test is over and I have scored the charts. You will know how you did before you leave. A written report, if required, will be mailed to you within a few days. If there is someone else not present who the examinee wants to give results, I will be happy to call and discuss the results with them after the test.
Usually, no. The blood pressure cuff will be inflated during the exam and some people feel some tingling or numbness on that arm, but it is rarely described as painful. More than likely you have had your blood pressure taken before by a doctor or nurse. Assuming that wasn’t too uncomfortable for you, this should be no different. We actually use less pressure in the cuff than a nurse would use to check your blood pressure.
Absolutely not. The idea behind medications is to bring something in the mind or body that is out of whack into the normal range. We want you there as normal as possible, so take your medication as prescribed. The vast majority of prescription medications will have no impact on the Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector examination.
There is no minimum age, however, the polygraph & lie detection exam requires a certain level of language and abstract concept comprehension to successfully complete an exam. This natural barrier eliminates most children under the age of twelve from being tested. There are occasionally exceptions to this guideline and those are dealt with on a case by case basis.
Mobile Polygraph. That is what I am known for. Although a suitable testing location is required, I will come as close to your doorstep as possible for your convenience.
- Parental or legal guardian written consent must be given prior to the polygraph exam.
- Depending on the age of the minor, proper maturity level will be discussed with examiner to determine if the minor is suitable for a Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector exam. I would discuss this with you prior to scheduling the examination.
Yes. Before the examination is completed I would be glad to teach a client or anyone having someone else to submit to a lie detection test be educated on how the result is rendered.
NO, polygraph does not work off of emotions, feelings, thought process or intents, anyone that tells you otherwise is fraudulent and may just be in it to steal your money and tell you anything.
There is no difference in examinations to me. Your test is as important to me as a murder case. Your polygraph is not just a lie detection examination it’s your life or someone you know’s life.
If you would like, when the examination is completed I would be glad to explain and show you how an accurate polygraph lie detection test works. You will see it for yourself one way or the other. I have learned explaining this to an accuser or accused, helps both ways.
I have utilized polygraph for every kind of case known to man, for every kind of person, including some of the wealthiest people we all know. I would never leak anyone’s private information, it would be against the law after my confidentiality is signed by my clients.
Yes, I am licensed by the North Carolina Private Protective services board and The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division. I do work in Georgia but Georgia DOES NOT have a licensing board for Polygraph. So if you are looking for accuracy then hire me. I utilize every technique to ensure accuracy and integrity in every lie detection polygraph examination I preform. If you are telling the truth I want to help you prove it. If someone is lying, I will try to help someone be honest with respect and dignity.
When it comes to polygraph you get what you pay for. I am a multi-state licensed and certified Polygraph examiner that has utilized polygraph for rape, robbery, murder, arson, post convicted sex offenders for probation and parole, I also worked for the federal defenders office all the way to CNN. I have served multiple times on the state board. I specialize in relationship and sexual issue polygraph examinations with respect given to everyone no matter the issue with.
All polygraph lie detector test are not accurate. You can call me and I will teach you the truth about what makes a accurate lie detection polygraph test. I use a neutral facility for accuracy reasons “not your home”. I do not utilize the old outdated techniques which typical examiners like to utilize because it is quicker and easier for them to utilize. I utilize the same technique for a high profile criminal case as I would for your polygraph lie detection test. I am the only Licensed polygraph examiner lie detector that travels with a actual polygraph chair with multiple motion sensors so my clients cannot physically alter or beat the polygraph examination. People do go online to learn how to beat a polygraph, with me it is physically impossible and I can show you why. So if your are telling the truth and want to prove it hire me. If you are accused of wrong doing and need help being honest I would be glad to help you tell others the truth.
The price range for polygraph ranges from $550 to $900 and the average fee is around $600.
Most people think that their spouse is using lie detection test as a threat and their spouse won’t follow through with the threat or that they can beat the test. I also am the only polygraph examiner in the south east that travels with an actual polygraph chair with multiple motion sensors so my clients are unable to physically beat my tests.
Most people are grateful for the truth no matter what. Once the truth has been told, the relationship is able to move forward because there is no more guilt for one person and the other is able to let go of whatever inhibitions they may have had. Both parties are able to begin the healing process individually and as a couple.
You will be grateful that you are no longer hiding any cheating or infidelity. All significant others want, is to know that the entire truth has been disclosed and once that is done, you will both be able to move forward in a positive direction.
They can physically beat lie detection test but not mine. I travel with an actual polygraph chair with multiple motion sensors and am trained to look for physical and visual cues to ensure that my clients can’t physically beat a test.
They will have no advantages since their physiology is the same as everyone else’s. If they try to alter the exam, I am able to show you what that would look like. The military and all forms of law enforcement polygraph their polygraph examiners.
I would suggest not using Google or any other search engine prior to taking a polygraph exam. It only causes stress and makes a person anxious. Most things you could read are inaccurate. I am happy to explain in detail and answer any questions you may have prior to your examination. I would not advise anyone who went on fake “how to beat a lie detection test” to not hire me because you will be caught.
It is hard to tell without polygraph to verify someone is not withholding sexual issues. Most sex addict really need help and some want help being honest. I have helped countless couples and sex addiction treatment facilities get to the truth.
I have been trained to look for cues and signs, visually and physically that will show me when someone is trying to lie during their test but the way I am able to get to know if someone is being honest is using their own physiology. I will be glad to explain how a accurate lie detection test works.
When I do their lie detector or polygraph test, I encourage them not to hold onto any information, explaining that once everything is out in the open, only then can both of you begin to heal, regain trust, and improve your relationship. The most important thing about the truth is that 99% of the truth is a lie to your body and physiology.
I am glad to help you prove the truth, explain to whomever is accusing, including law enforcement about your polygraph examination result.
Even if you’re nervous or scared, the format I utilize helps with these issues. Being scared or nervous with not make you fail a lie detection test. Most people tend to be apprehensive and that is completely normal. I have been nervous on every polygraph test I have taken.
Medications or drugs do not help you pass a lie detector test with the format I utilize. I am able to see if someone has taken too many medicines when I conduct their test. The charts would look altered “normal physiology looks like normal physiology”.
Once the whole truth has been revealed, you will both be able to heal. Holding on to guilty feelings or not knowing if the entire truth has been exposed will keep your relationship in a stagnant state. Most people that call me want to know what they are forgiving or to be forgiven. When a spouse does not know what entirely they are forgiving they cant forgive.
In my experience, attorneys will encourage their clients to submit to a private polygraph examination prior to taking a lie detection test for the government or state agency.
If what you have told your significant other is 100% truthful, I will be able to prove that with a lie detector test. Please remember 99% of the truth is a lie. If you would like to finally start being able to put this behind you call me.
Regardless of when the incident occurred, all I would need is your complete details of the events that you know has happened to prove the truth.
If you need to prove to family, friends or law enforcement that you are innocent, I can do this during your polygraph examination or lie detector test. I would be glad to speak with anyone I have been given written permission to speak to about your lie detection test.
I use the most up to date techniques, as well as an actual polygraph chair with multiple motion detectors to ensure that my clients cannot physically alter or “beat” my examinations.
I have respect for all relationships and have actually had full article written about me in in Qnotes.com which is a gay and lesbian, LGBTQ news outlet. https://goqnotes.com/64918/lie-detector-tests-becoming-more-common-among-lgbtq-community/
Remember most of what we watched on reality TV shows is fake. In an accurate polygraph lie detection test questions are about a specific issue. I would be glad to discuss in detail an accurate polygraph lie detection test question formulation with you.
I would never give legal advice, That for attorneys which I have worked for countless times. If you telling the truth hire me and I would be glad conduct a polygraph examination for you then speak to the police department or any law enforcement on your behalf with your or your attorney’s consent.
NO, as long as you can sit still, breath normal, follow directions and your condition is under control, you are perfectly capable of having an accurate, professional, polygraph lie detection test administered. Please feel free to call anytime with any questions about physical or mental issues and lie detector test.
Lie detection and polygraph examination can NOT test for emotions, feelings, intents, thought processes or emotions.
A professional accurate polygraph lie detection examination is based off of fight, flight or freeze which is your body’s normal response to a threat to its well being. Such as driving down the street and passing a police car when you are speeding. It can be as minimal as a child being asked if they brushed their teeth and they know they didn’t. Your body has an autonomic influx of adrenalin when you get caught lying. I can record physiological indicators that the body naturally has when lying.
No, Marijuana, nor taking any medications will not make you pass or fail a lie detector test. If someone takes an exam and overdoses on any type of medication it looks like they overdosed on a medication. Normal physiology looks like normal physiology. I have studied forensic psychophysiology using the polygraph science, if you have any questions please call me anytime.
I have tested people for rape, robbery, murder, molestation, sex offenders for federal and state probation and parole, federal and state public defenders offices to national news outlets such as CNN and NBC. I do specialize in polygraph lie detection test for relationship struggles “cheating boyfriend, cheating girlfriend, cheating husband, cheating wife”.
Any other questions, just give us a call any time at (800) 497-9305.
The Polygraph Examiner
Local Certified, Confidential, Accurate and Licensed Making Polygraph, Lie Detection, and Lie Detector Tests in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. Call today for a FREE consultation at 1-800-497-9305.
Why The Polygraph Examiner?
- Multi-State Licensed & Certified
- Strict Adherence to Testing Protocols Established by the American Polygraph Association
- Accuracy Rates of 95 to 98 percent, compared to less quality testing options of only 50% +/-
- Confidentiality Guaranteed
- Local - Days, Nights & Weekends